The South Shore YMCA cares about teens. We cultivate teen leaders by creating opportunities for teens to contribute to their communities. Our teen programs partner with families, schools, businesses, and the entire community to help provide brighter futures for young people.
Our Y gives teens a safe place to call their own, build self-esteem, and a chance to connect with positive role models and adults who care about them. Teen programs include:
- Youth development activities
- Leadership groups
- Community service projects
- Exposure to diverse career options, after-school activities
- Tutoring and mentoring, including SAT prep courses in conjunction with Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions
- Summer camps
- Fun, recreational events
- Various volunteer and employment opportunities (Link to Volunteer page)
Special highlights at both the Quincy and Mill Pond branches include:
- "Middle School Breakout" programs during school vacation weeks as well as Leaders in Training/Counselor in Training programs for 15 year olds as part of our summer day camps.
- Teen Fridays feature supervised activities from Sports to Art to Zumba to Yoga and much more!
- Ongoing programs such as Leaders Club and Youth & Government cultivate teen leaders.