Children develop in many different ways and at many different times. We are committed to being sensitive to each child's growth and development. We are also sensitive to those children who are in need of extra support throughout the day. State Street Early Learning Center educators work to establish an atmosphere that enables all children to explore and grow. Our programs serve the following age groups:
- Young Toddlers - 12 months to 15 months old
- Toddlers –16 months to 2.8 years old
- Preschool - 2.9 to 4 years old
- PreK - Kindergarten - 4.5 yrs. and up
Our qualified educators use Teaching Strategies GOLD, a research based assessment that addresses all curriculum areas and meets national and state education standards.
- Emphasizes the importance of routines
- Provides an assessment tool
- Promotes hands-on learning through exploration
- Supports early literacy and language development
- Ensures preparation for elementary school
Enrichment programs are embedded into the curriculum to provide children opportunities to be well-rounded learners.
- Swim lessons at the Quincy Branch
- Indoor and outdoor exploration and play
- Music and movement
- Connections with Community