Babysitting – Playroom
The Playroom is our care center where parents can drop off children while using the Y facilities. Filled with toys, books and caring babysitters, our Playroom is open to children ages six weeks through six years old.
Safety is our top priority at the Y. Here’s how babysitting at The Playroom works:
- To check in, each child and caregiver/parent is given an identification bracelet.
- Bracelets must be matched by a Playroom staff member before the adult and child can check out.
- While a child is in the Playroom, the adult caregiver must be onsite at the Y facility.
- To meet the needs of all members, there is a two-hour time limit per day (1.5 hours for children under 12 months old) in the Playroom.
Kiz Zone Activity Center
The Activity Center is a fully-staffed area for older youth members ages seven and up to hang out and have fun while Moms, Dads and caregivers use the Y. Youth can choose do homework, play ping-pong, air hockey, board games or challenge a friend to a video game.
- Youth members ages seven through nine must be signed in and out of the Activity Center by an adult caregiver.
- Youth members age ten and up are welcome to use the Activity Center without the sign-in/sign-out process.
Emilson Activity Center Hours
Mon – Fri: 3:30pm – 8:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Sun: 8:00am – 1:00pm