Find your strength through exercise and education
Spaulding’s Parkinson’s Disease Wellness Program at Emilson YMCA offers a combination of Parkinson’s specific exercises and education to promote a better quality of life. Group sessions will be guided by licensed physical therapists with extensive training in neurorehabilitation. Participants will learn skills to improve strength, balance, mobility and posture.
Spaulding Rehabilitation Network also provides one-on-one intervention for those individuals for whom the group program may not be appropriate.
- LOCATION: Quincy YMCA, 79 Coddington St, Quincy
- CONTACT: Call Quincy YMCA at (617) 479-8500 or email Katelyn Szafir at email@example.com for schedules and registration information
- LOCATION: Emilson YMCA, 75 Mill Street, Hanover
- CONTACT: Call Emilson YMCA at 781-829-8585 or email Stephanie Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org for schedules and registration information
- Stretching and strengthening
- Functional mobility activities
- Balance and walking
- Group discussion about wellness strategies
- Instruction on how to continue the program at home
Participants Must be able to
- Follow directions and maintain attention for 90 minutes
- Walk 100 feet with or without assistance
- Family members are encouraged to observe the class