WHAT IS THE RODMAN RIDE FOR KIDS?
The Rodman Ride for Kids is an umbrella matching gift charity raising funds for youth-focused social service organizations supporting at-risk kids in Massachusetts. The Rodman Ride for Kids and its affiliated charities, including the South Shore YMCA, fundraise year-round culminating each fall with the Ride event, a 25- and 50-mile competitive cycling tour. The South Shore Y participates yearly in this event to raise funds for our youth to provide support to send kids to camp, mentoring programs, and college/work programs.
2020 VIRTUAL FORMAT
This year, due to COVID 19 the Ride will be virtual. You don’t have to get on a bike to make a difference. Walk, run, ride, whatever you do just start now! The kids need us now more than ever. Help us give every young person in our community the opportunities to dream and succeed.
- 25-Mile Rider – Ride 25 miles in your neighborhood on 9/26
- 50-Mile Rider – ride 50 miles on your neighborhood on 9/26
- Choose Your Own Adventure – walk, run, ride – challenge yourself with a goal related to any activity you enjoy and tie it into your fundraising
WHY WE RIDE
Across the South Shore, we help kids build resilience to reach their full potential. Combined with hope, support and dedication, our youth strive and succeed. Whether the hope is to attend college, to have a job or simply enjoy a safe place to be with friends, our unique programming is designed to bring together children and teens of diverse backgrounds through programs and services that are accessible for everyone.
When you register to participate, there incentives and challenges to help keep you raising funds while meeting your personal fitness challenge – all to help kids!
- Upon registering, receive an official Ride for Kids bib
- Raise $1,000 to receive a Ride for Kids dri-fit t-shirt
- Raise $2,000 to receive a Ride for Kids tumbler
- Every participant will receive a finisher’s medal
- Head Start Challenge: Raise $250 by 6/30 and receive a Ride for Kids Yowie
- Summer Challenge: Top 5 fundraisers from 7/1-8/31 in a Yeti prize pack
- 2 Months to Go Challenge: FOr every donation made between 7/26-7/30, the rider and donor will get 1 entry to win one of 10 $100 gift cards to a Celebration for Kids restaurant
- Home Stretch Challenge: Everyone who donates $20 from 9/8-9/25 will get 1 entry to win a prize tbd.
Each time you hit one of the benchmarks below, you will be entered to have the South Shore YMCA receive a $1,000 donation from the Ride for Kids. (10) $1,000 donations will be awarded for each benchmark.
- Raise $500 by 6/30
- Raise $1,000 by 7/31
- Raise $1,500 by 8/31
- Raise $2,000 by 9/30
- To learn how you can participate in the Ride, contact Patrick Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-479-8500
- Sponsorship opportunities – download sponsorship information here
- For more information about sponsorship opportunities, contact Kathy Quigley, email@example.com
Kathy Quigley, Liz O’Connor