When You Give, We Can Give Back
The South Shore YMCA is a charity. As the region’s leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, we work side-by-side with our neighbors every day to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. To do our important work, the Y relies on charitable donations to our Annual Campaign from Y members, volunteers, businesses and members of the community.
When you are involved with the Y, you become the better you, helping to bring about lasting positive change for you and your community. Whether you want to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve your health and well-being, or give back and support your neighbors, your involvement with the Y will positively impact those in your community.
View our latest newsletter to see your community impact in action.Donor Newsletter
Each year we raise and distribute funds to neighbors and families in in need, focusing on our seven causes.
Giving OpportunitiesGive Today
Please review the many ways that you can donate to the South Shore Y
- Cash: A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a donation. Give online today or mail to the South Shore YMCA, 75 Mill Street, Hanover MA 02339.
- Meaningful Membership: For members who wish to place their membership on hold due to COVID-19 or other personal reasons, we ask that you consider converting your monthly dues to a Meaningful Membership tax-deductible monthly donation. Learn more.
- Donor-Advised Funds: You can recommend a gift through your donor-advised fund by calling your fund manager to recommend a grant, or log in to your fund and make a grant online. Learn more.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Double or triple the impact of your donation with a matching gift from your employer.
- Stocks, Bonds & Real Estate: Donate your stock, securities, or real estate to support our mission while providing you with potential tax benefits.
- Retirement Assets: Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets such as a gift from your IRA (70.5 minimum distribution), 401(k), 403(b), pension, or other tax-deferred plan is an excellent way to make a gift to the Y.
- Gifts of Insurance: If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy.
- Legacy Giving: Leaving a gift to the Y in your will or by beneficiary designation is a great way to make a lasting difference in strengthening our community. If you have made provisions already in your planned giving, please notify the Y so that we can welcome you into our Heritage Club.