OUR FOOD PANTRY IS OPEN ON WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS 8:30AM - NOON, AND WEDNESDAYS 5:00PM - 7:00PM
The South Shore YMCA Germantown Neighborhood Center is a dynamic community center that provides life changing education, services and support to our Quincy neighborhoods. Generous contributions and support from local businesses, organizations and people like you bring light to people who need it most. Our neighbors develop an inner springboard of self-confidence to succeed and give back, bringing out the better in all of us.
FREE Family Activity Calendar
Family Swim, Drop-in Sports, Pickleball, Bounce Houses, Hiking and MORE! Check out our FREE Family Activity calendar!
Help Feed Our Community - Volunteer Today!We are in need of volunteers to sort, bag, and distribute food at our pantry. Help us fight food insecurity in our community! Sign up today to volunteer at our Food Pantry. Questions? Contact Kathy Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org. VOLUNTEER
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
Our home is located next to the Snug Harbor School in a former church. This bright, spacious facility offers teen programming, adult fitness/wellness, family nights, and children’s art, cooking and music programs. We offer services to address family issues, such as women’s support groups and budgeting, nutrition education classes, and utility and housing assistance.
- Reception Center
- Classroom Space
- Conference Room
- Music Center
- Recording Studio
- Social Gathering Space
- Performance Stage
- Dedicated Babysitting Area
- Kitchen and Cooking Class Area
- Food Pantry
- Family Learning “Victory” Garden & Garden Club
The center has been made possible by the support of the City of Quincy, South Shore Trades Council, State Street Bank, Sheskey Architects and the Germantown Neighborhood Council.
How You Can Help
- By making monetary donations to support programming
- By volunteering to teach, assist in our Food Pantry or help with Holiday programs
- By donating food or supermarket gift cards to our Food Pantry, Meagan’s Place
- Become a mentor
- Germantown Neighborhood Center Food Pantry: Sandy Bouchard at email@example.com
- South Shore YMCA Afterschool Program: Ervica Fanfan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germantown Neighborhood Center Volunteer Opportunities: Kathy Quigley at email@example.com
- All other inquiries: Katelyn Szafir at Kszafir@ssymca.org
I was a single mother, pregnant, trying to do things on my own. I felt abandoned, alone. I was driving down Parmer Street and saw the building. I walked in and started crying. They hugged me. They gave me everything I needed to make it through the day. From that point, I’ve been on an amazing healing journey. Taking classes, connecting with other single mothers. I’m at a point where now I can help others. There’s love here, there’s compassion, empathy, peace, joy… there is everything.
Ready to Register for a Programs?View our program listings to find programs and classes available at the Germantown Neighborhood Center. View Program Listings
Because You Give, We Can Give Back
The Y is a charity. Your gift offers children, families and those in need with a caring community and the support needed to thrive.Give Today