CANCELLATIONS AND HOLDS
We understand that members may need to leave the Y at some point in life, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
As a courtesy, the South Shore YMCA will allow you to place a HOLD on your membership under certain circumstances, allowing you to temporarily pause your membership dues for up to 4 months and then resume your membership as usual. Completion of the ONLINE HOLD REQUEST FORM or written notice must be given prior to request hold dates.
- A hold request made after the draft for the current month will be effective starting the next billing month.
- Membership holds will be allowed in the following instances:
- COVID-19 concerns
- Medical (request must be accompanied by a doctor’s note)
- Military Duty (request must be accompanied by your transfer or deployment papers), or
- Temporary residence in another area (request must be accompanied by proof of alternate residence or rental agreement).
- Billing will automatically resume at the end of your requested hold time.
- Please notify the Membership Team of any changes in the length of time of your hold. If you are able to return earlier than expected, you will be responsible for any balance on your account at the time of your return.
We would hate to see you go! However, if you choose to cancel your membership you must notify the YMCA at least 2 weeks prior to your draft date. To request a membership cancellation, please complete the form below and our team will process as quickly as possible. You may also visit the branch to request a cancellation in person.
- You must notify us TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR MONTHLY DRAFT DATE in order for the cancellation to be processed. Draft dates are typically the 1st or the 15th of the month. Please check your bank or credit card statement for your DRAFT DATE.
- Any cancellations made during the current month will be effective during the next month of membership. You will have access to the YMCA for 30 days after the last draft on your account.
- A CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL will be sent to you once the cancellation request has been completed. If you do not receive a confirmation of cancellation by email, the YMCA has not received your cancellation and will continue to draft your account.
- If your account is not in good standing, any balance will be due at the time of cancellation or your bank draft withdrawal will remain active until a zero balance has been reached.
Contact your Membership Team if you have questions or need assistance
- By Mail: Emilson YMCA, 75 Mill Street, Hanover, MA, 02339, Attn: Membership
- By Phone (781) 829-8585
- By Email: Hanovercancellations@ssymca.org
Hale Family YMCA (Quincy)
- By Mail: Hale Family YMCA, 79 Coddington Street, Quincy, MA 02169, Attn: Membership
- By Phone (617) 479-8500
- By Email Quincycancellations@ssymca.org