Membership Privileges Across the South Shore
Exercise, play and enjoy programs at any South Shore YMCA location: Emilson YMCA of Hanover, Quincy YMCA, ZoneWellness in Norwell, Laura’s Center for the Performing Arts, South Shore Natural Science Center, Germantown Neighborhood Center…and more!
State-of-the-Art Fitness & Wellness Facilities
- Full access to Health & Well-being Centers
- State-of-the-art Cardiovascular & Strength Training Equipment
- 3 “Get Started” Coaching Sessions
- Over 100 Group Exercise Classes
- Pilates & Reformer Training, Barre, Yoga, Zumba, Les Mills, TRX, CXWorks and more
- Over 30 Indoor Spin & Cycling Classes
- Personal Training
Y Weight Loss Program
FREE for South Shore Y Members! The Y Weight Loss Program serves as a barrier-free jumpstart to weight loss, helping our members develop healthy habits and lifestyle changes to get and stay on track.
Fee for non-members. Family Gym is offered Monday-Friday from 10:30-12pm at the Quincy Branch and Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:30am-12pm at the Emilson Branch.
Family Fun & Fitness
- Playroom with FREE babysitting: Ages 6 weeks – 6 years (only included with Household Memberships)
- Youth Zone Activity Center: Ages 6-12 years (children under 10 must be with a parent or signed into the Activity Center)
- Priority Registration & Rates for Youth Programs
- Kids Fitness Classes
- Family Prime Time
- Kids Night Out (fee not included as a membership benefit – reduced rate for members)
- Sky Trail® Explorer Indoor Ropes Course (Emilson)
Best Rates & Priority Registration on Classes and Programs
Swim lessons, gymnastics, sports, camps, fitness, arts & education…and more.
Swim! Aquatics Center, Swim Lessons, Water Safety for All
- Hale Family Indoor Aquatics Centers
- Outdoor Aquatics Center with 3 Outdoor Pools (Emilson YMCA)
- Lap Swim, Family Swim & Open Swim
- Water Exercise & Aerobics
Play! Sports & Recreation
- Indoor and Outdoor Athletics Facilities
- Indoor Tennis Courts (Emilson Y)
- Open Gym available daily
- Indoor Track & Field House (Quincy Y)
- Indoor Turf Field (Quincy Y)
- Drop-in Sports
Access for All
The Y is open and accessible for everyone to belong.
- Our Partnership Program offers those with physical disabilities the support and training partners needed to more fully enjoy fitness and recreation programs at the Y.
- Inclusive programming and support available for individuals with diverse-abilities.
Prescribe the Y: Medical Wellness & Lifestyle Programs Included
- Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Fall Prevention and Balance
- Cancer Support
- Smoking Cessation
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Transition
- Walking Programs
- Health & Nutrition Education
- Structured Exercise Programs for Cardiac & Pulmonary Transition and Parkinson’s
- Senior Exercise & Aquatic Classes
- Live Y’er Senior Social Groups
- Medical Wellness Programs
The South Shore YMCA is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to helping people become their better selves – in spirit, mind and body. We believe that our programs and services should be available to everyone — all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. Visit for financial assistance details.