Membership Privileges Across the South Shore
Enjoy all South Shore YMCA locations: Emilson YMCA of Hanover, Hale Family YMCA of Quincy, Laura’s Center for the Performing Arts, South Shore YMCA Natural Science Center, Germantown Neighborhood Center…and more!
State-of-the-Art Fitness & Wellness Facilities
- Full access to Health & Wellness Centers
- Free Fit-Commit! session with a trainer for new and returning members
- All new state-of-the-art cardiovascular & strength training equipment
- Group Exercise Classes – in person or online at ssymca.y.org
- Pilates & Reformer Training, Barre, Yoga, Zumba, Les Mills, TRX, CXWorks and more
- Indoor Cycling Classes
- Personal Training & Pilates Reformer Training (fee-based)
Virtual SSYMCA On-Demand and Live-Stream Classes
- Experience the South Shore Y from home or on the go
- On-demand workouts with our trainers available 24/7
- Free benefit for South Shore YMCA members
Best Rates & Priority Registration on Classes and Programs
- Members save 50% on Y swim lessons, plus substantial savings on all other programs & camps
Swim! Aquatics Center, Swim Lessons, Water Safety for All
- Hale Family Indoor Aquatics Centers
- Lap Swim, Family Swim & Open Swim
- Water Exercise & Aerobics
- NEW! Outdoor Aquatics Center, coming in 2023!
Play! Sports & Recreation
- Indoor and Outdoor Athletics Facilities
- Indoor Tennis Courts (Emilson Y – Hanover)
- Indoor Track & Field House (Hale Family YMCA – Quincy)
- Indoor Turf Field (Hale Family YMCA – Quincy)
Access for All
The Y is open and accessible for everyone to belong.
- Our Partnership Program offers those with physical disabilities the support and training partners needed to more fully enjoy fitness and recreation programs at the Y.
- Inclusion Modified Programs for people with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD) — includes DSM-5 diagnosis. Inclusion Modified Programs improve and encourage communication skills, social and emotional development, cooperative interactions, physical well-being, and friendships.
Prescribe the Y: Medical Wellness & Lifestyle Programs
- Diabetes Prevention and Management
- Fall Prevention and Balance
- Cancer Support
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Transition
- Walking Programs
- Health & Nutrition Education
- Structured Exercise Programs for Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s, and more!
- Senior Exercise & Aquatic Classes
- Live Y’er Senior Social Groups
- Medical Wellness Programs
Membership for All: Financial Assistance
The South Shore YMCA is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to helping people become their better selves – in spirit, mind and body. We believe that our programs and services should be available to everyone — all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. Learn more about our Membership for All financial assistance and flexible pricing.