The need for healthy food is becoming greater for so many families, and we are doing our best to help. The Germantown Neighborhood Center Food Pantry has been providing low-income households in Quincy with fresh and non-perishable foods since 2006. Our Food Pantry allows us to assist by providing households with a week’s worth of groceries, providing critical support to hundreds of families each month. The Food Pantry is open year-round, two mornings and one evening per week to accommodate different schedules.
Hunger Awareness Month 2019
September is Hunger Awareness month; you can help ease the worry for local children and their families. Donate to the South Shore YMCA Food Pantry, your generosity provides critical support to our local community and our Staystrong cancer support program members that may need assistance.
Our goal to raise $10,000 this month, help us meet this goal by making an online donation to the Food Pantry at ssymca.org/donate. Donations can be mailed to South Shore YMCA, 141 Longwater Drive, Suite 110, Norwell, MA 02061, ATTN: Development.
You can also donate non-perishable food items or personal care products to the Pantry which may be left at any South Shore YMCA location.
Hours of Operation
- Wednesday & Friday 8:30am-Noon
- Wednesday 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Photo ID
- Proof of Residency (ex: lease, certified letter from Landlord, real estate tax, etc.)
- Proof of Income (ex: W-2, pay stubs, unemployment letter, social security letter)
- If children’s names aren’t on the lease please provide a school record, income taxes, or SSI statement
Call 617-376-1384 for information on the Food Pantry, or contact email@example.com.Contact Us
How You Can Help
- Make a cash donation to the Germantown Neighborhood Center Pantry.
- Donate Gift Cards to local supermarkets.
- Donate non-perishable food items (ex: pasta, spaghetti sauce, rice, cereals, etc.) which may be left at the Germantown Neighborhood Center or the South Shore YMCA.
- Donate diapers, personal care products, laundry detergents, cleaning products, and other household items.