About The Taste
The Taste of the South Shore is the premier food & beverage tasting and social event on the South Shore. And, like everything else, it’s changing this year!
A Virtual Tasting Event
Emceed by Billy Costa
Due to COVID-19, the Taste is going virtual, and our chefs are hard at work to bring you a night of fun, food and drink. A “takeout/delivery” food and beverage tasting in your home will be available, creating a unique opportunity for everyone to support the South Shore YMCA and the amazing restaurants and chefs who have graciously donated their time and talent to this event for 23 years.
Registered guests can tune in LIVE as host Billy Costa emcees our Celebrity Chef competition between three groups of local celebrity chefs, competing to prepare a special dish using ingredients that can be found in a typical family fridge!
- 6:30pm President’s Club virtual “cocktail party” for our lead sponsors ($5,000+) includes a Live Auction and a “make your own” signature cocktail demonstration.
- 7:00-8:00pm Main event: Celebrity Chef Competition– Watch as our favorite celebrity chef teams compete to create the best meal using ingredients found in a typical family refrigerator, co-hosted by David Lombardo of Lombardo’s.
- Raffles winners will be announced throughout the event for a Gift Certificate to one of our amazing restaurants.
- Opportunity to donate to support the South Shore YMCA Food Pantry and Holiday Assistance Program so that no one goes hungry during these difficult times, especially during the holidays.
Help us make sure that no one in our community goes hungry
It’s all to raise money to help feed families, seniors and children across the South Shore through our South Shore YMCA food pantry, meal delivery, and more. What’s more, you will be helping to support these local restaurants who have generously donated their time and talent to this event for years. Ticket sales have closed, but you can still donate to help support our food pantry. When you donate to The Taste, you will receive a link to watch and enjoy a recorded version of the event!
By supporting the Taste of the South Shore, you are also supporting local restaurants, breweries, wineries and these purveyors of fine food and beverage here on the South Shore.
Karen and Rob Hale | Alex and Davis Clark
Jack & Kathie McDonough | Dan & Heidi Russel
Jeff & Lynne Rosen | Suzanne Stefany & Chris Bodnar
- Burgin Platner and Company
- Global Vision Advisors
- Baker, Braverman & Barbadoro
- HarborOne Bank
- MountainOne Bank
- Kennedy Carpet Cleaners