Making Holidays Brighter
The Holiday Assistance Program provides toys, meals and clothing to thousands of South Shore families each year. Through generous contributions and support from local businesses, organizations and individuals, we can bring a light of hope to those who need it most, during the holidays and all year round. This critical program gives much more than just material possessions for a holiday celebration. It brings a sense of belonging which creates an inner-springboard of self-confidence and a desire to give back.
How You Can Help
To help our neighbors enjoy a happier holiday season, please consider donations of gift, money or volunteer your time.
Donations may be dropped off at:
- Germantown Neighborhood Center, 366 Palmer Street, Quincy, MA 02169
- Quincy YMCA, 79 Coddington Street, Quincy, MA 02169
- Emilson YMCA, 75 Mill Street, Hanover, MA 02339
Please contact us at (617) 376-1384 for more information.Contact Us
Holiday Wish List – Items in Need
Your contributions enrich the lives of those less fortunate in our community. If you would like to help, please look at the current holiday wish list below.
- Cash Donations
- Holiday Dinner Food Baskets
- Stop & Shop Gift Cards
- Mobile Gas Gift Cards
- Wal-Mart Gift Cards
- New Winter Coats (All Sizes)
- New Children’s Clothing (All Sizes)
- New Children’s Pajamas (All Sizes)
- Children’s Socks & Underwear
- New Blankets (All sizes)
- Teen Gifts (MP3 players, movie gift cards, retail gift cards, jewelry, hair dryers, sweatshirts, etc.) for male and females (All Sizes)
- Laundry detergent, toilet paper, soap, tooth paste, shampoo
- New Household Items
How to Apply
Participants need to bring the following information to the Germantown Neighborhood Center in person in order to apply for assistance. These items are mandatory:
- Picture ID
- Proof Income for each individual in household (Copy of tax return, letter from employment, DTA letter, etc.)
- Proof of residency (Lease of worksheet for Quincy Housing Authority, Section 8, etc.)
- Proof of children living in household (Lease, school report card, birth certificates, etc.)
*Due to the increase in families applying for Holiday Assistance, the Germantown Neighborhood Center/SSYMCA asks that if you have applied at any other agency for food or gifts, please do not reapply.
There’s love here, there’s compassion, there’s empathy, there’s peace, joy, there’s everything. You can come here for Christmas assistance, clothes assistance, any need. Everything that they do here is all about connecting people and bringing them to the next level in life. It’s powerful amazing work.