As schools reopened full-time in Spring 2021, the South Shore YMCA is pleased to once again provide families with safe, engaging before and after-school care for children. The South Shore YMCA is committed to supporting families throughout the 2021-2022 school year and have been working collaboratively with the Norwell and Scituate Public Schools to meet the diverse learning needs of our students. The YMCA is working to ensure we have options for families.
The South Shore YMCA will be providing our Before and Afterschool programming in the Norwell and Scituate Public Schools. We appreciate your patience as we worked to prepare for this new shift in the 2021-2022 school year, and during these uncertain times.
We are continuing to work with schools to enhance and expand our program as COVID-19 regulations evolve.
- Students explore and engage in daily physical activities
- Healthy Daily Snacks
- Arts and Crafts
- Homework Support
- Vinal Elementary School
- Cole Elementary School
- South Shore Charter School (Afterschool only)
- Wampatuck Elementary School (serving Jenkins students as well at this location)
- Hatherly Elementary School (serving Cushing students as well at this location)
Kindergarten – 5th
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Before School: 7am – School Start
- After School: Dismissal – 6pm
Registration & Contact Information
For registration information, contact:
Shirley Zayas, Afterschool Director
email@example.com or 781-826-7900 ext. 5241
Our program uses developmentally appropriate curriculums to foster the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional growth of each child
- CATCH is a comprehensive program that reinforces healthy food and activity choices in a fun, creative and positive way!
- Second Step is designed to enhance social/emotional competencies. This research-based curriculum is designed to enhance empathy skills in a social setting.
Children continue to develop in a safe, positive atmosphere, whether playing games, learning through homework assistance, creating arts and crafts and so much more.