SOUTH SHORE YMCA SWIM ACADEMY
Help your child become water safe with Powers Aquatics parent/child swim lessons at the South Shore YMCA Swim Academy. SSYMCA Powers Aquatics Parent/Child lessons are for infants 2 months old – to toddlers 36 Months old,
Winter 2022 session registration runs from 11/29/2021-12/10/2021
POWERS AQUATICS PARENT/CHILD LESSONS
- 2 Months – 6 years. Children must start this progressive program between 2 months – 36 months (3 years)
- Older children (3.5 years +) who are starting swim lessons should register for Swim Academy Preschool, Youth or Teen Lessons
- Powers Aquatics programs run in 11-14 week sessions and are paid upfront at the time of registration.
- Winter 2022 session runs from Monday, January 3rd – Sunday, April 3rd.
- Registration runs 11/29-12/2 for Little Crushers and 11/29-12/10 for Adaptive, Newbies & Inclusive
- Staggered dates and times for each group. See Registration Dates below for details.
- Newcomers to Powers Aquatics must begin with the NEWBIES program between the age of 2 months – 36 months.
- Registration for Newbies is Friday, December 10 at 7 pm for members, 7:45 for non-members. See Registration Dates & Rates for details.
Powers Aquatics – Inclusive Parent/Child Swim Lessons
These classes are run as parent/child classes and we have 4 levels of this program. “Inclusive” means for everyone – all abilities, disabilities, and needs. See Registration Dates below for the date/time to register for your desired level.
- Inclusive – Newbies (2 Months – 3 Years Old) FOR ANYONE NEW TO THE PROGRAM, START HERE!
- Inclusive – Level 1 (2 Months – 4 Years Old)
- Inclusive – Level 2 (15 Months – 4 Years Old)
- Inclusive – Level 3 (Age 25 Months – 4 Years Old)
Powers Aquatics – Adaptive Parent/Child Swim Lessons
This program is designed for children who need their curriculum modified or adapted to meet their needs.
- Adaptive Level 1 Age: 2 Years – 5 Years
- Adaptive Level 2: Age: 2 Years – 5 Years
Powers Aquatics – Little Crushers
These classes are run with no parent in the water (just the instructor), parents are not allowed on the pool deck during class. There are 3 levels of this program. Children must be invited to participate and must have participated in Powers Aquatics program in the past.
- Little Crushers – Level 1: Ages 3-6
- Little Crushers – Level 2: Ages 3-6
- Little Crushers – Level 3: Ages 3-6
Registration Dates – Powers Aquatics Winter 2022 Session
Newbies, Inclusive & Adaptive
- Inclusive NEWBIES (all new Powers Aquatics students):
- SSYMCA Members Fri 12/10 @ 7 pm
- Non-Member Fri 12/10 @ 7:45pm
- Inclusive Level 1 (all abilities):
- SSYMCA Members Thurs 12/9 @ 7pm
- Non-Members Thurs 12/9 @ 7:45pm
- Inclusive Level 2 (all abilities):
- SSYMCA Members Tues 12/7 @ 7pm
- Non-Members Tues 12/7 @ 7:45pm
- Inclusive Level 3 (all abilities):
- SSYMCA Members – Sun 12/5 @ 7pm
- Non-Members – Sun 12/5 @ 7:45pm
- Adaptive Swim:
- SSYMCA Members – Mon 11/29 @ 7pm
- Non-Members – Mon 11/29 @ 7:45pm
Little Crushers – By Invitation
- NEW Little Crushers – Level 1 (Swimmers will be contacted directly)
- SSYMCA Members Fri 12/3 @ 7 pm
- Non-Members Fri 12/3 @ 7:45pm
- Returning Little Crushers Level 1 (Swimmers will be contacted directly)
- SSYMCA Members Thurs 12/2 @ 7 pm
- Non-Members Thurs 12/2 @ 7:45pm
- Returning Little Crushers Level 2 (Swimmers will be contacted directly)
- SSYMCA Members Tues 11/30 @ 7pm
- Non-Members Tues 11/30 @ 7:45pm
- Returning Little Crushers Level 3 (Swimmers will be contacted directly)
- SSYMCA Members Mon 11/29 @ 7pm
- Non-Members Mon 11/29 @ 7:45pm
We believe that learning to swim is a necessarily life skill. No one is too young or too old to learn how to swim, we start lessons at 2 Months old! We focus on water-safety first, using unique technique that supports the four competitive swim strokes.REGISTRATION BEGINS 11/29