South Shore YMCA Weather Alerts
In the event of inclement weather, South Shore YMCA facility closings and/or program cancellations will be communicated via updates at ssymca.org, email announcements, and notifications on our mobile app. Program participants may also contact the program location or program director for updates.
Storm Update for Monday 2/01/2021
To our South Shore YMCA community,
With today’s storm bringing heavy snow accumulation to our area, the safety of our members, community, and staff is our top priority.
With that in mind, we wanted to share our plans for South Shore YMCA’s facility and program operations for today and tomorrow::
- Emilson YMCA & Quincy YMCA branches and all other South Shore YMCA locations will close at 1:00 pm today, Monday, February 1, 2021
- Emilson YMCA and Quincy YMCA branches are expected to have a delayed opening of 8:00 am on Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
- Programs, Reservations & Classes: Any Y programs, classes, or reservations that occur after 1 pm today are canceled. Program Directors will reach out with details.
- Pools: We expect our pools to be open for swimming by reservation after 8:00 am on Tuesday. Please check ssymca.org/schedules for availability.
- Group Exercise: Our group exercise class schedule may be limited on Tuesday. Check ssymca.org/schedules before you visit the Y to see what is running, as these schedules are subject to change.
- Playrooms: Our Playrooms will be closed this afternoon and any reservations canceled. Please check our ssymca.org/schedules page for Tuesday availability.
- South Shore Natural Science Center will be closed at 1:00 pm today and any programs canceled. Programs are expected to resume on Tuesday and program participants will be contacted.
- Our Early Learning Centers (State Street ELC, Hanover ELC, Nature Center Preschool) and Remote Learning Programs in Hanover and Quincy will close today at 1:00 pm and expect to have a delayed opening on Tuesday. Parents and families will be contacted directly.
Depending on the severity of the storm, these details are subject to change. Please check our website at ssymca.org for weather updates, or contact our branches before you visit our Y for the latest details.
- Emilson YMCA (781) 829-8585
- Quincy YMCA (617) 479-8500
Thank you for your understanding. Please stay safe.
Chief Operating Officer
South Shore YMCA