Ys across the country offer Enhance® Fitness, an evidence-based group exercise program for older adults that uses simple, easy-to-learn movements that motivate individuals (particularly those with arthritis) to stay active throughout their life.
FREE to the community as part of our Prescribe the Y program, this comprehensive class includes cardiovascular fitness, strength training, balance and flexibility training. Participants typically enjoy an increase in energy, better balance and strength, improved flexibility and a greater sense of independence!
- More energy
- Better balance
- Increases in upper and lower body strength
- More flexibility and range of motion
- Better sleep
- More feelings of happiness
- Sense of independence
In addition to the physical benefits, research has shown that among older adults who participate in Enhance®Fitness, health costs were lowered each year by close to $1,000.
Our aim: To help you feel better
Each class session includes cardiovascular, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises and the fostering of strong social relationships between participants. Enhance®Fitness is geared toward older adults. Those with a chronic condition, such as arthritis, need not worry; they will never have to do anything that hurts. Participants can use chairs for support, if necessary, and increase the weight they use for strength training at their own pace.
Class Schedule (Subject to Change)
- EMILSON YMCA: Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday | 11AM-12PM | FREE FOR MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS
- HALE FAMILY YMCA: Monday/Wednesday/Friday | 1PM-2PM | FREE FOR MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS
For more information or to sign up for these classes, contact our Health & Wellness team contacts:
- Emilson YMCA, Stephanie Costa email@example.com.
- Hale Family YMCA, Katelyn Szafir, firstname.lastname@example.org