Strength & Support of the YMCA
Staystrong is the South Shore YMCA’s free, year-long support program for cancer patients, survivors and families. Thanks to the generous support of donors, this program is offered at no cost to participants.
The YMCA understands the overwhelming challenges families face when dealing with a cancer diagnosis. As a trusted community leader in health and well-being, the Y believes we can make a dramatic impact to improve lives in our community through our Staystrong program.
Membership & Program Benefits
- Free 12-month South Shore YMCA membership
- Preferred pricing and registration on Y programs
Childcare and Family Activities
- Drop-in babysitting for parents during treatment and appointments
- Family-focused physical activities and education
Complimentary Summer Camp
- Free week of traditional Summer Day Camp for children whose parent or caregiver is undergoing treatment
- Free Labor Day Weekend Family Camp
Health, Fitness & Nutritional Support
- FREE “Fit-Commit” training session
- Access to Germantown Neighborhood Center Food Pantry
- Staystrong Resource Guide to YMCA and community partner programs
Who Can Benefit?
Anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer and has undergone cancer treatment within the past 12 months, plus their household family members and caregiver.
For information on how to participate, or to see if this program applies to you, click the button below.Request More Information
Staystrong Medical Wellness Team