Strength Equipment Coming Soon
To our Emilson Family Y Members & Friends,
If you have visited our Y lately, you’ll see that we are well underway with our Health & Wellness Reimagined project, with some major milestones recently completed or near completion. Please read on for important updates that may impact your Y visits.
NEW STRENGTH EQUIPMENT ARRIVES 12/7!
We are delighted to share that our NEW strength equipment will arrive December 7! We are replacing MORE THAN 50% of our existing strength and resistance training equipment, increasing our functional and free weight equipment by more than 60%.
EXPECT MAJOR DISRUPTION TO STRENGTH TRAINING AREAS 12/6 & 12/7
On Wednesday, December 6 and Thursday, December 7, crews will remove our old strength training equipment and weights and deliver our NEW Precor strength and resistance training equipment to the Emilson Y. Our strength training areas will be unavailable for member use during that time.
OUR FREE WEIGHT/ STRENGTH TRAINING AREA AND EQUIPMENT WILL BE UNAVAILABLE ON 12/6 – 12/7
- EGYM, Studio A & B, Cardio, Cycling and Turf will all be open and accessible during this time
- New strength equipment will be available on Friday, December 8
STUDIO C & ENTIRE SECOND FLOOR WILL BE CLOSED FOR RENOVATION 11/27 TO MID-JANUARY
- We are renovating the upstairs Studio C to combine the existing studio and an office space into one larger studio with windows on both sides.
- When completed, this space will double as a viewing area for our tennis community when group exercise classes are not in session with seating included.
- We have added cameras and video screens to our tennis lobby for tennis viewing during construction, which will continue to serve as additional tennis viewing space when the new studio is complete.
Note, all other areas of the Emilson Y, including, pools, basketball courts, tennis, playroom, and locker rooms will be open and accessible during this time.
CHECKING OUT THE NEW EQUIPMENT
Starting Friday, December 8, our Health & Wellness team members will be available for group demonstrations on the new Precor Selectorized and other strength equipment. See your Health & Wellness team for details and schedules.
OTHER PROJECT UPDATES
Check out these project milestones that are completed or coming soon:
- NOVEMBER 27 to MID-JANUARY: Studio C, our second-floor group exercise studio, hallway, and restroom, will be closed for studio renovation.
- MID-DECEMBER: New functional training equipment is expected to arrive on our Turf space.
- MID-JANUARY: Pilates equipment will be moved to a new temporary space within the branch.
- MID-JANUARY: The front room of our Playroom will be closed temporarily for renovation. Back two rooms of the playroom will remain open.
- JANUARY 15 – FEBRUARY 28: Construction begins on our NEW Group Exercise Studio (behind the Playroom)
- JANUARY 16: New Nautilus equipment arrives
HERE TO SERVE YOU ACROSS THE SOUTH SHORE
Thank you for your patience and positive feedback as we work to make these major improvements to our Health & Wellness experience. If you are looking to complete a strength training workout during this time, as a member of the South Shore YMCA you also have full access to our Hale Family Y branch in Quincy.
Please stop by the Health & Wellness desk or contact Stephanie Costa, our Health & Wellness Director, at email@example.com with any questions.
All the best,
Health & Wellness Director