EGYM “smart” training equipment is now available at the Hale Family YMCA!
EGYM provides a more personalized, 30-minute private training experience that makes strength training simple. Be confident that you are working out the right way for YOU and your goals every time you train with EGYM. If you’ve never enjoyed strength training before, you’re going to love EGYM.
EGYM is fun, effective…and free to South Shore YMCA members!
Benefits of EGYM
EGYM takes the guesswork out of strength training, with equipment that combines state-of-the-art technology and modern training concepts to motivate you and make workouts fun.
- Highly efficient use of your workout time.
- Smooth and guided transition from one machine to the next.
- Encourages you to focus on training to maximize your benefits.
- Enables more people to use the equipment.
- Reduces your wait time between exercises
To use these machines, each member completes a free orientation where they receive their personalized identification band, which allows the machines to recognize you, adjust for height, weight, and strength, and track your progress.Schedule Orientation
South Shore YMCA members can schedule their free EGYM orientation online at ssymca.org/schedules by selecting EGYM Orientation (Hale Family Y) or FIT-COMMIT Equipment Orientation (Emilson Y).
Why EGYM works
EGYM was developed using state-of-the-art exercise science, with different workouts tailored to individual goals and experience— a weightlifter works out differently than someone who has never strength trained. EGYM adapts the equipment settings based on your goal, progress and body type:
- Weight: If you want to gain muscle, EGYM will set a higher training weight whereas a lower weight is sufficient for weight loss.
- Number of reps: Many repetitions with less weight define the muscle, whereas few repetitions with more weight enlarge it.
- Training duration: EGYM alternates long, less intensive sessions with short, high intensity ones to ensure that you’ll continue to grow.
- Pace of Movement: A fast, explosive movement has a different effect than a long slow movement.
Check out EGYM at Emilson Y and now Hale Family Y!
Schedule your 30-minute orientation with our trained staff to guide you, all in our private EGYM studio at the Emilson YMCA in Hanover and our NEW studio at the Hale Family YMCA! Discover how EGYM can help reach your goals.