South Shore YMCA Inclusion Motto
“We are all humans with different abilities and stories to tell.
Please listen, be kind and accept me for who I am.”
Inclusion Modified Programs are for people with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (IDD)-includes DSM-5 diagnosis.
- Inclusion Modified Programs are smaller group sizes with low program participant-to-instructor ratios to help ensure that the program participant gets enough one-to-one attention from the instructor to learn skills and then generalize those skills to successfully access other SSYMCA facilities and programs independently.
- Inclusion Modified Programs improve and encourage communication skills, social and emotional development, cooperative interactions, physical well-being, and friendships.
Unified Programs that provide access to all people with or without disabilities with consideration given to reasonable accommodations.
- It is our goal for people with IDD to enjoy, unify, and succeed in accessing all our facilities and participating in all our programs. We understand and welcome the added support of outside organizations, Job coaches, Program/Residential Aids, 1:1 Direct Support Therapists, Applied Behavior Analysis, Peer Mentors, Special Education Teachers, Paraprofessionals, Personal Care Attendants, and Respite Care Providers.
Inclusion Modified and Unified programs include: Unified Sports, Aquatics, Tennis, Fitness, ZoneWellness, Arts and Education, Youth/Teens & Family, Afterschool Education, Early Learning Centers, Natural Science Center, The South Shore YMCA Family Farm, and Summer Camp.
Inclusion Modified & Unified Programs 2019-2020
- Hope Fish Swim Levels 1, 2, 3 (Ages 5-12) *Year-round
Emilson — Saturday 11:30 am-12:40 pm | Quincy — Saturday 12:30-1:35 pm
- Inclusion Modified Swim Basics (Ages 13+) *Year-round
Quincy — Monday 7:15-8:00 pm | Emilson — Tuesday 7:00-7:45 pm
- Wave Runners Swim Club (Ages 13 +) *September – June
Emilson — Sunday 12:00-1:00 pm | Quincy — Saturday 1:30-2:30 pm
- Inclusion Unified Open Swim (All ages) *Year-round
Emilson — Sunday 1-2 pm
- Green Group – South Shore Strypers (Ages 6-18) *Year-round
Emilson — Contact Bernie Dickman for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adaptive Sports Swimming (typical cognitive/behavioral development) Ages 7-18 *September – June
Quincy — Sunday 3:25-4:10, 4:15-5:00 pm, Mobility Impairment
Quincy — Sunday 5:05-5:50 pm, Visual Impairment/legally blind
- Lobstars Tennis Clinic (Ages 13 +) *Year-round
Emilson — Sunday 1:30-2:30 pm, Wednesday 3:00-4:00 pm & 4:00-5:00 pm
YOUTH & FAMILY
- Building Bridges: Youth Social Group (Ages 7-12) *September – June
Emilson — Saturday 9:30-10:30 am | Quincy — Saturday 3:30-4:30 pm
- Building Bridges: Teen Social Group (Ages 13-22) *September – June
Quincy — Friday 7:00-8:30 pm
- Building Bridges: Adult Social Group (Ages 22 +) *September – June
Quincy — Wednesday 6:00-8:00 pm
- Exploring Disney Animation (Ages 13 +) *Year-round
Emilson — Sunday 3-5 pm (1x per month)
- Access Afternoon Club – South Shore Support Services (Ages 18 +) *September – June
Emilson — Tuesday 2:00-5:00 pm
Contact: Laurel Hickey, South Shore Support Services, Launch 1 Director, 781-383-0902
HEALTH WELL-BEING & FITNESS
- C.A.S.T. Fitness (Ages 13 +) *September – June
Emilson — Saturday 10:30-11:30 am
- Yo Cycle (Ages 13 +) *September – June
Emilson — Monday 4:15-5:00 pm
- Open Access at ZoneWellness (Ages 18 +) *Year-round
ZoneWellness — Monday & Wednesday 1- 4 pm
- Karate Academy (Ages 5-12) *September – June
Quincy — Monday 6:30-7:00 pm
- Unified Sports Mania (Ages 3-6 years) *September – June
Emilson — Tuesday11:00-11:45am
- Unified Soccer Fundamentals (Ages 13 +) *September – June
Quincy — Wednesday 6:00-7:00 pm
- Track Team (Ages 7 +) *September – June
Quincy — Monday 6:00-7:00 pm | Emilson — Tuesday 6:00-7:00 pm
- Hoopstars Unified Basketball League (Ages 13 +) *Year-round
Emilson — Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm | Quincy — Thursday 6:30-7:30 pm